FV Bank will collect and hold a Customer’s personal information for the purposes of:
- providing relevant product or services (including assessing Customer applications and performing transactions);
- managing and administering the product or service; and protecting against fraud in the performance of providing service.
Information collected typically includes a Customer’s name, postal or email address or physical address, date of birth, financial details, tax file number, or other information FV Bank considers necessary. FV Bank will not disclose any information relating to the affairs of a Customer which it has acquired in the performance of its duties or the exercise of its functions except where it is lawfully required. Customers will be provided with advance notice for consent when personal information will be shared.
Protecting Customer Information
FV Bank may store information in paper and electronic form. FV Bank will take reasonable steps to protect Customer information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access and modification or disclosure. Established controls to protect Customer information include:
- Employment confidentiality requirements for FV Bank employees; Document storage security policies.
- Security measures for systems access.
- Providing a discreet environment for confidential discussions.
- Restricted access to information by authorized personnel
- Physical access control to FV Bank Offices
- Website security
FV Bank website uses state-of-the-art technology to ensure Customer banking information remains safe and secure. FV Bank will allow only the Customer or authorized party to establish a User ID and password which can be changed at the Customer’s preference. Successful log-on will establish a secure connection between the Customer’s computer and FV Bank’s web server. FV Bank utilizes an access time-out feature that logs a Customer out after a specified time period with no activity. Customer information is always to be treated with the strictest confidentiality. In addition to employee confidentiality commitments, FV Bank’s websites have electronic security systems in place, including the use of firewalls and data encryption. Internal systems are monitored for access authorizations and independent audits are routinely conducted on FV Bank systems to ensure security meets banking industry standards. Personal information will be provided to third parties. Customers are deemed to have agreed and voluntarily authorized FV Bank to disclose such information relating to the Customer’s account to the FV Bank service providers or anyone who FV Bank reasonably believes necessitates having such information in order to successfully carry out services upon the Customer’s behalf.
FV Bank may also use or disclose personal information for purposes of informing Customers about products and services, or their development by FV Bank that might better serve the Customer’s financial, e-commerce and lifestyle needs. Customers have the right to contact FV Bank should they no longer wish to be contacted about new services. FV Bank will take reasonable steps to ensure Customer information is accurate and up to date.
Whenever Customer personal information is disclosed, FV Bank will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with applicable privacy laws and codes. Personal information is obtained or used only with the Customer’s consent which must be obtained in advance for matters including but not limited to:
- offering other FV Bank products and services.
- obtaining, using or disclosing to other persons, information about the Customer unless we are obliged to do so by law or to protect our interests.
- transacting services on behalf of the Customer through third party service providers.
- information usage in any form which the Customer did not previously consent to
Although in certain circumstances FV Bank is required to collect government identifiers such as tax file number, and Passport numbers, FV Bank will not use or disclose this information other than when required or authorized by law or unless the Customer has voluntarily consented to disclose this information to any third party. Without the Customer’s consent FV Bank will not collect information that reveals a Customer’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, details of health, disability, sexual orientation, or criminal record. This is subject to exceptions including the collection is required by law or when the information is necessary for FV Bank exercise or defense of a legal claim.
- 1. The right to be informed
- 2. The right to access
- 3. The right to rectification (correction)
- 4. The right to erasure (request the deletion of information)
- 5. The right to restriction of processing
- 6. The right to data portability
- 7. The right to object
Automated decision-making and/or auto-profiling
Individuals customers have the right not to be subject to a decision made solely by automated processing (without any human involvement). FV Bank decision making will always include the evaluation of a bank officer before a final decision is made.*Disclaimer: Some products and services may not yet be available. Please contact email@example.com for more details.*